Sample Chiavari Chairs for Commercial Businesses
Remember, “Chiavari” is a style of chair, not a brand. There are so many companies selling Chiavari Chairs, so it can be difficult to know who will give you a reliable product. Price is generally a good indicator for quality. Purchasing a cheap $20 chair for a high volume venue could be a liability. Chairs that are going to be used frequently need to be soundly made and durable. Or if you will not be using your chairs often, keep in mind the aesthetics of what you are purchasing. The finish on a $20 chair might not be as refined as you would like to display in your home. If spending a little more meant that you would be getting a chair that is not only beautiful but long lasting but it be worth it?
When researching Chiavari Chairs, manufactures and sellers you should be sure to get a sample chair from any company that you are considering buying from. This way you can put each option side by side, do your own testing and comparisons, and make an educated decision that you know you will be happy with.
How to Inspect Your Sample Chiavari Chairs:
When reviewing the chair samples that you have received, here are some important details to keep an eye out for:
- Is there a label underneath the chair showing the brand of the manufacturer and any safety information? Labels are very important because it identifies who made the chair in the event that there is a problem. Do you know why most Chiavari Chair companies don’t label their chairs or put warning labels? Because they do not want to be liable for issues with breakage or injury. Also keep in mind, warranties are not valid unless you can identify who made the chair in the future.
- How are the chair’s joints? The joints of the chair are what holds the frame together. When you get your sample you should stress the joints by picking up the chair and pulling on the legs in every direction. You should also sit in the chair and rock back and forth to test the back strength. You want to make sure that the joints seem strong on day one, but also strong after lots of use. This is why we test our chairs to BIFMA U.S. commercial furniture standards. We have the ONLY Chiavari Chair available that has passed all 6 BIFMA tests for safety and durability.
- Check to make sure there is a quality seat bolt holding the leg post in position. Get an allen key to make sure you can tighten the seat bolts. Some companies cover the seat bolts with putty which is very bad because one day you will need to tighten the bolts and if you don’t have access your chair will become wobbly and unsafe. If there are no bolts at all… then I would be concerned.
- If there is a hex bolt on the back of the seat, make sure that you are able to turn it with an allen key. Some bolts are made with metal that is so cheap and soft that you can’t even turn them to tighten without stripping the bolt — making them useless.
- Check the seat edge. Does it chip easily when you pick at it with your fingernails? Also, does the seat edge looks like it is made from a veneer that is ready to peel off? If you see a veneer, stay away because they peel off after very little time. Don’t be afraid to scratch up your sample! What color is the paint under the seat edge? What about under the finish? Is it white and very noticeable when damaged or is it consistent with the rest of the chair color? At Vision we have a tri-layer paint system where our putty, primer and finish are all similar colors. We do this for every color Chiavari chair that we offer.
- Are the insides of the chair legs sanded smooth so that when you stack the chairs they don’t chip the seat edge? This is also an important feature to look for because the chair finish will wear out prematurely without this chair spindle modification. Other companies that do not have the ridges on the spindle sanded smooth on the inside of the legs have issues with chipping when the chairs are stacked.
- Are the cushion seams & ties/Velcro reinforced for strength? When you have your sample cushion, grab both the Velcro tabs or ties and give them a sharp tug. Do they tear or rip right off? Vision reinforces the ties/Velcro and seams on all of our cushions for durability.
- Is there a robust zipper? Taking the foam in and out of the cushion cover when laundering can put a lot of stress on the zipper. A wimpy zipper will go off track and break easily. Check your zipper and make sure they don’t break.
- Is the foam good quality? Cushion foam should be thick, dense and firm. A crunchy, light weight cushion foam is not a good sign. Many companies treat their foam with additives to temporarily bulk up the cushion. But these additives break down quickly leaving you with a flat cushion.
The best way to test all of these out is to use your sample chairs for a few days to make sure they are holding up and you still like the product after a few days. Look at each part of the chair to make sure you like how it looks and how it is made. And talk to your seller or manufacture. Ask them about the process they use to make their chairs. A reliable company will be happy to go over any detail with you and/or product testing that they do on their furniture. Knowledge is power! Now, go forth and shop Chiavari Chairs with confidence!
Chiavari Chairs WARRANTY:
Vision Furniture offers a 24 month limited warranty covering manufacturing defects on our BIFMA Chiavari Chair frames. Please see our warranty online for additional details.
BUYERS BEWARE: Always be wary of cheap Chiavari chairs with long warranties of 5+ years. If it sounds too good to be true, it usually is. Cheap chairs with unrealistically long warranties are there to mislead customers and to sell poorly made chairs fast. The problem is, when you need the warranty, these companies won’t service it. Remember, even Apple who sells expensive iPhones for hundreds of dollars only offers a 1 year limited warranty. At Vision Furniture we offer a fair warranty that covers any issue that might arise from manufacturing defects in the first 2 years.
Order a Vision Furniture Sample Chiavari Chair:
If you would like to order a sample Chiavari Chair from us call 215.695.3300 or Request a Quote online here: //www.chiavarichairs.com/contact.php
Written & Published by Vision Furniture
Read More: Vision BIFMA Chiavari Chairs & Accessories: